How to import Metamask to Coin98 Super App
To import Metamask wallet to Coin98 Super App, you will need both the Passphrase and the Private Key of the wallets you want to import.
If you have backed up the Passphrases/Private Keys of your Metamask wallets, you can skip this step and just copy and paste the corresponding Passphrase/Private Key from the back-up place. Otherwise, kindly follow the steps below.
Step 1: Select the account icon in the upper right corner of the screen → Click on Settings;
Step 2: Scroll down and select Security & Privacy;
Step 3: Select Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase, then enter your Metamask password;
Step 4: Copy the Passphrase.
- On Metamask, there is only one Passphrase to manage all those accounts. Therefore, if users have multiple accounts on Metamask, only the balance and the address of the first wallet will appear when restoring a Metamask wallet with Passphrase to other wallet apps.
- You can use Metamask's Passphrase to import to Coin98 Super App's Multi-chain wallet to use more than 50 different blockchain wallets at the same time without having to switch connections.
Step 1: Open Metamask → Select the wallet you want to export the Private Key. Click on the ellipsis icon next to the account's name;
Step 2: Select Account details;
Step 3: Click Export Private Key, then enter your Metamask password to confirm the security;
Step 4: Copy Private Key.
With Private Key, you can import Metamask wallets into corresponding single blockchain wallets such as Ethereum, BSC, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche C-Chain, etc.
Step 1: Open Coin98 Super App & select All Wallets;
Step 2: Click the Add Wallet icon at the top right corner;
Step 3: Select Multi-Chain or a corresponding chain, then click Restore;
Step 4: Name the wallet and paste the Passphrase/Private Key copied from Metamask into the Passphrase/Private Key box;
Step 5: Select the wallet standard if needed → Click Restore to complete
Button to show wallet standards
Step 1: Click the Manage Wallet icon at the top left corner of the home screen → Click the add wallet icon at the top right corner;
Step 2: Select Multi-Chain or a corresponding chain→ Click Restore;
Step 3: Name the wallet and paste the Passphrase/Private Key copied from Metamask into the Passphrase/Private Key box;
Step 4: Select the standard if needed → Click Restore to complete.
1) Coin98 supports 2 import options (New Standard or Old Standard) for each wallet on some blockchains as below. If you are using Private Key to import, you can skip this.
- Legacy Address: Start the address range with the number “1”, eg 1A1Zc0dA…, commonly supported by exchanges.
- Bech32 Address: Start the address range with “bc1”, for example, bc1zahd…, usually supported by non-custodial crypto wallets like Trust Wallet,... From Coin98 Super App version 10.2, the address Bech32 wallet has been improved by Coin98 Super App, unchanged after each transaction.
Currently, Metamask does not support Bitcoin wallets, so Coin98 Super App also encourages users to use Bech32 wallet addresses to enjoy cheaper transaction costs and faster transaction speeds than the Legacy wallet address.
- New Standard is an import option if you have created a new standard wallet on Coin98 before. It's also an innovative option of Coin98 that allows users to restore Phantom/Sollet wallets while keeping the old wallet address format.
- Old Standard is an import option for wallets created on Coin98's old versions. If you have used the New Standard, you can ignore this standard.
Metamask does not support the Solana wallet currently. If you use Passphrase from Metamask to import to Coin98's Multi-chain wallet, it is recommended to use the New Standard wallet address.
Celo, Avalanche (C-Chain), TomoChain (EVM blockchains):
- New Standard is the import option if you have created a new standard wallet on Coin98 Super App before. In this standard, EVM's addresses will have the same wallet address as the Ethereum wallet.
- Old Standard is an import option for old standard wallets created on Coin98 Super App. If you have used the new standard, you can ignore this standard.
If you import Celo, Avalanche C-Chain, or TomoChain (EVM chain) from Metamask to Coin98 using Passphrase, you can skip the selecting standards step. The New Standard will be set as default and the wallet address will be unchanged (in the case of the first account on Metamask).
2) After having been successfully restored, your wallet will immediately appear on the main screen. You can also access the Manage Wallet section to view and manage all of your created/restored wallets on Coin98 Super App/ Coin98 Extension.