Comment on page
How to create a new wallet on Coin98 Extension
The Multi-Chain Wallet allows you to store, send & receive many coins/tokens on different blockchains all in one place, with only one Seed Phrase. Users can currently use the Multi-chain Wallet for a total of 80+ blockchains supported on Coin98 Extension.
To create a Multi-chain Wallet on Coin98 Extension, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click the Manage Wallet icon at the top left corner of the home screen → Click Add Wallet icon;
Step 2: Choose a wallet type you desire and click Continue. Coin98 Extension supports the following wallet types:
- 1.Social Wallet: MPC Wallet powered by Ramper
- 2.Hot Wallet: Non-custodial Wallet is used via Seed Phrase or Private Key
- 3.Hardware Wallet: Safeguard your digital assets effectively
- 4.Watch-only: Observe or track the assets of other wallets
Step 3: Choose Multi-Chain or a single chain you want-> Then click Create;
Step 4: Name your wallet → Click Next;
You can choose the icon on the top right corner to choose Seed Phrase Type. Coin98 supports generating 2 types Seed Phrase: 12 words and 24 words. The 12 words seed phrase is set as default.
- Back up your Seed Phrase & Private Key correctly in the right order and in a safe place. Please note that the Seed Phrase & Private Key are crucial to have access to your wallet and assets;
- Paste the copied Seed Phrase from the previous step into the confirmation box;
- Read the caution carefully and tick to confirm your awareness of the risks if you lose keys;
- Click Create Wallet to complete.
Your new wallet will instantly be displayed on the home screen. You can also access the Manage Wallet section again to check all your wallets.